The software currently under development for
Web 2.0 browsing is ready in initial form.
Download the V1.0 20MB .exe file now
[source:/software_general/web_2.0_browser Browse the source code] or use SVN
Please email your questions or remarks in Dutch or English: fvanderwerf AT gmail.com
The Tribler Web 2.0 browser consists of dedicated
Python code which uses a 250+ MByte cache and
understanding of website structures of Wikipedia,
Flickr.com, Youtube, Revver, etc.
This enables the access of Web 2.0 sites on platforms
such as a Nokia 770, iPod video, TV Settop box, 64-bit AMD machines,
and all other platforms which do not run the proprietary
Flash format player or do not have a traditional PC screen
with sufficient resolution.
The demand for moving of video clips to non-proprietary
formats is clear when
searching Digg.com for
articles on this topics, such as
this highly popular article.
Related work survey
Q: How can I access the video/photo/text file? / How do I convert videos to iPod format?
A: Look up your video/photo/text in the playlist on the viewer tab and click on it with the right mouse button. The menu that is displayed contains a "Save as..." option to save the file to a location of your choice. For videos, this menu also contains a "Save as ... for iPod" option to save the video in iPod format.
- GUI improvement
- iPod transcoding
- .exe by Ivaylo
- [source:software_general/star_buttons_for_ratings voting and rating] across all Web 2.0 sites
- Progressive download ? FFMPEG: -re Read input at native frame rate.
- TCPDump trace of activity
- Timestamp of GUI events (Research, show results, )
- Timestamp of HTTP requests, data transfers, etc.
- Performance analysis, latency of queries
- single thread, single Web 2.0 server
- multiple thread, single Web 2.0 server
- multiple thread, multipe Web 2.0 server
- multiple thread, multipe Web 2.0 server + P2P caching !
- High scores graphs for thesis
- top searches
- popular content
- highest rating
- Instant satisfaction interface (skipped)
- show recent events on ratings and shared browser cache
- check /ratings.rss and /shared_browser_cache.rss
- Community measurements
- Layout of thesis report (? Problem description, design, implementation, experiments,etc.)
- Two chapters for Web2.0 client and shared browser cache ?
- Which graphs are explained
- Create small wiki document on khashmir DHT matters
- How bootstrapping goes (every session or after install)
- What steps are taken for the peer discovery
- .torrent fields usage
- What is stored in SQLight
- P2P element, single click seeding
- lastest 5.0.7+ Bittorrent core
- use khasmir DHT node
- Possibly at Delft for bootstrapping
- parallel: download thumbnails; check if exists in shared browser cache
- Bandwidth saved using Shared Browser Cache
- Experiment of downloading a LiveLeak video
- .Torrent file is created
- Track Buddycast spreading
- On another computer conduct a search on keyword
- Show results
- Apr: Integration 4.0
- May: Code in initial production use
- Jun: Results & writing
- Jul: Finish writing
100 test torrents http://www.mininova.org/cat-list/8/seeds